Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunset Blvd: Local muralist at work on Local's wall

Muralist and local Silver Lake artist Nicky Gagliarducci is recreating vintage L.A. just to the west of the restaurant Local on Sunset Blvd. The project meets with Local's ethos: Nicky is a locally sourced artist capturing an historic local scene. I watched him work recently; he's going to add a surrealistic touch to 25' long montage: Silver Lake's own walking doctor.  It's not the quietest place to paint but he was quite genial about the process.

2 comments:

The Eastsider LA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Eastsider LA said...

Sorry but somehow I deleted my original post. Can I get permission to use your photo of the artist painting the Walking May mural? I interviewed the artist and wanted to use the image to illustrate the post. I will certainly credit your blog and link back to your post. Hope that's ok. Contact me either way at hello@theeastsiderla.com