Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My neighborhood in the NY Times: Little house on the freeway

It's not everyday that the New York Times posts a  photo of my neighborhood. Above is the Glendale Blvd. bridge over the lovely 5 freeway, literally down the block from my house--though it must have been some months back as there hasn't been that much green grass in some time.  The photo accompanies a story on the very small house movement.  Yes the trend is downsizing your living space to as small as 80 feet; I can understand the appeal after dealing with a 2000 square foot house and yard on my own.  I'd have to really edit out a lot of stuff to even slim back down to an apartment sized space much less a cozy little mini-cottage. However, I would put my little house somewhere a tad more scenic.

No comments: